Monday, July 24, 2006

Liberty and Ellis Islands

The best day EVER!!! Everything started at this fortress that is named Castle Clinton. There we purchased the tickets for Liberty and Ellis Island. The weather was unbearable and the queues miles long but nothing could have stopped us to see it.


Battery Park is very close to Wall Street and Broadway where this beautiful statue of a bull is.


After our ferry left we had this beautiful opportunity to see NY Skyline.
Security and safety is very important.
Ellis Island with it museum of immigrants in the background.


There she is. AWESOME!!!!!! I wanted to see her all my life.



My granddad was born in Pittsburgh and his dad went to the US through this place - Ellis Island. They have a database of all the people who came here and I wanted to see my ancestors signitures or something that belonged to them. Believe me or not, but the visit itself was soooo interesting that when I finally got to the computer where I could have found all the information they told us we had to leave because the last ferry was leaving in a few minutes. I was very disappointed. Very. Well, another reason to come here again.



Not everyone had the luck to enter the US soil. Some people were depoted back home.







After we landed back in NYC we admired the beauty of its architecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home