Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Leaving LA

Well, I promised a while ago to write down my feelings, thoughts and my overall point of view about the whole year. To be honest I have been thinking about all of that since I wrote it down. As many of you may know I am a last minute man. It has its disadvantages but also many advantages. Well,......the first and the most important thing for me personally is that it has been a great year with a capital G and the fact that I actually proved myself that I am able to survive. I dare to say I am very proud of myself. I came here, asimilated and won. I won over myself and I conquered the length of one year living abroad. Right now I can NOT think of any negative thing that has happened while on the exchange. I truly believe and am convinced that such exchange stay brings only positive things with it. Onehimself finds out thelimits andbrandnewthings open up. That is what every human being should experience. This program is such a wonderful thing. It is a BLAST actually!!!!!! You grow both personally and proffessionaly and I dare to say it has to change your life. I believe it has changed mine dramatically and it pushed me somewhere where I had never been before. It pushed me forward and mygoal now is to start from that point when I get home. I am a little bit afraid of the reverse culural shock but it is a part of the whole think and I will deal with it the best I can.
Right now I am sitting at the LAX airport, waiting for my flight to New York City. I just can NOT believe it is over here!! I know I will miss LA tremendously, its atmosphere, people I met here and all the time when I was treated like a very special person here.I left a part of my heart here and I am leaving it with the feeling that the little place on the map of the world which it used to be before have changed in my eyes and heart into the place I will always love. So this is just another of many THANK YOU to all the people who made me feel so great here.
Last night I spent time with Carye and Hugh at their home. I guess we had fun and a really great time. We should have done it more often I am regreting now. They are very fun and nice people and we DO have similar opinions on different stuff:-) I hope I will see them. Thank you Carye for taking me to the Flyaway station so early in the morning. I OWE you.

So I am about to board the plane which I hope will take me safely to NYC where I will meet Kylowna and we will spend ten days there hopefully with visiting Niagara Falls. I will inform you obviously about the vacation time with Ms. Moton. Wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!You almost make me cry, dont do it again please ;) Good luck and have fun at NYC. M.

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very sweet for your kind words, but do not think twice about the airport (atleast with you I got a days warning...) Anyway, we will miss you so much and hope you visit..you will always have a COOL place to stay. Be safe in NY and have a great time...sing a song for me..Carye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home