Friday, June 30, 2006

Goodbye San Francisco

I would say that San Francisco did not like us very much. Or the rumors about the weather here were true. Today we woke up into a gloomy day again. Fortunately there was only the "last" attraction left on the list, the Coit Tower. Symbol and also remembrance of the huge eartquake in 1906 in which many firefighters died. There is a very beautiful view over the city from the top of Telegraph Hill.

The stairs were closed and the only way how to get up to the top was the elevator. I did NOT complain at all and neither did Adela.

The view was great but the colors!!!

The last view of Alcatraz and off we go!!! We got to SF on I-5 and to go back we chose 101. One of the reasons was the town called Hillsborough where our friend Michaela from Indiana will spend next year. She will move to SF area in August and therefore we checked her future home. The area is very nice, literally it is in the woods. Beautiful for a romantic kind of person. I am not sure abut Michaela though. No palm trees, no beaches nearby. Well, hopefully she will like it. It is definitely a better step from Indiana:-)

This is her house.

Then we continued on so called PCH (Pacific Highway) along the coast towards Los Angeles. It sounds fun but it was really 450 miles altogether which is about 724km. But it was worth the effort. PCH is really incredibly beautiful. Most of it is a scenic route and there is no doubt it is scenic area.

On one of the beaches were the sealions. I remember this stop from 4 years ago when we accidentally stopped right here and could not believe our eyes. I was very happy I had found it.

The sealion beach is not far away from Hearst Castle but it is the place where Kylowna will take me one day as she promised. I made it only to the lower level parking lot. The tours were sold out for today. It must be beautiful inside really. I saw some pictures on the walls.

It was a very beautiful day and journey back home. We have driven exactly 898 miles in those four days ( 1445km) and now I am "dead". Tomorrow we are staying at home, relaxing and then the other half of our plan, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Four Corners. STAY TUNED!!

Big THANKS to our fourth memeber of our family. I love rentals.

5 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot belıeve you trıed to go to Hearst Castle wıthout me. Traıtor! You are lucky ıt was sold out. The gods were on your sıde and saved your lıfe!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

Dear anonymous, you sound just like somebody I know. I did NOT tried to go there, I just drove by. Anyway I doubt we will ever get there. I guess we will never have time. Have gods on your side in Turkey:-)

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We who??

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

We us!!!

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and me??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home