Friday, June 23, 2006

Our last visit - Jari, my Fulbright mate from Detroit

This year there have been three teachers from the Czech Republic. Jari Patlokova in Detroit, Jarek Chudoba in Montana and me here in Los Angeles. I really do not know much about Jarek because we were not in touch that much but thanks to Jari's website I was able to watch how her year was going. Her school ended a week earlier than mine so we invited her with her husband Ivo over to Los Angeles. It was a short visit but very nice indeed. Every day we went sightseeing and I have the feeling we really saw the entire LA area. I dare to say they both liked this metropolitan city a lot and Ivo fell in love with Jamba Juice smoothies:-). We had a great time and drove almost 300 miles in those 3 days. But I just love driving around here showing off:-) I was very happy they were here, we had a chance to compare our exchange experience and we shared our opinions on many (very many) different issues. On Wednesday morning they left for San Francisco and therefore the next time we are going to see them will be in the Czech Republic where we will be dealing with the reverse cultural shock. I am looking forward to it indeed. Thank you for coming over Jari and Ivo and see you in CZ.

Hollywood Boulevard - a must here.
Ivos in Pasadena with his Jamba Juice drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home