Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Very Last Fulbright Meeting

The meeting started with an informal dinner at Martha Hart's, San Diego Program coordinator. Those dinners are a great thing. There are always people with so many interesting stories from their exchanges, that I would have listened to them for weeks. I am honored to be a part of it, being a member of the Fulbright Family. The dinner itself was delicious and so was the place. Martha's house is on Coronado Island, which is in my opinion the most beautiful place in San Diego area. Beautiful houses again.


The biggest attraction is obviously famous Hotel Del Coronado. It was built at the end of 19th century and it is the largest wooden structure in US, designated a National Historis Landmark in 1977 . It is beautiful and luxurious indeed, especially the inside part in Victorian Style. Reminded me of Titanic a little bit. It has accomodated several presidents, celebrities ( Marilyn Monroe among many others) and is hosting the ghost of famous Kate Morgan. The only disadvantage is that you have to cross Coronado Bay Bridge to get there. For us, who suffer from vertigo, it is a huge sacrifice but it is worth doing it.
On Saturday morning I left Denisa and Adela at the hotel and drove to the meeting site. There were about 20 people. Alumni, international teachers and Americans going on exchange next year. For me it was a wrap up meeting as I am done in 5 weeks of school. Personally I can not believe it. The first meeting we had in September when everything was new seems just a few months ago. There I wished to know what the year would be like and I pictured what it would be like to be an alumni one day. And now here it is. I was able to give advice about my exchange to the people going for their first time. I realized that I had experienced so much during the year and it is really one of the best years of my life. The fact that my exchange with Ms. Moton is exceptional makes me happy. And as I said at the meeting, this is just the beginning, right Ky? The exchange has definitely changed both my personal and professional life and it put me somehow I believe forward and my goal is to move from that point furthermore.

This is Martha Hart and Michael Kuban from the US State Department.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home