Sunday, April 30, 2006

Santa Barbara - the gateway to the paradise

Well, I didn't feel very well on Thursday so I listened to Kylowna's advice and took a day off. What an idea?? Excellent. Both staying at home and the weekend ahead made me feel very well:-) I had heard many times how beautiful Santa Barbara was so we went there. The weather was not that good but still.......it is not far and we can do it one more time again some day we thought. It is really worth going there. Very beautiful place indeed. It is something completely different to what we are used to here in LA. Nice buildings in Spanish style, good restaurants, shops, beautiful beaches and mountain views.


Accommodation we found on State Street which is the main street in SB. A cozy motel 5 minutes from the town center.

Santa Barabara's County Courthouse and a beautiful view of the town (or city??)

The streets with their shops and restaurants are picturesque. Reminded me a little bit of Europe.

The best attraction of them all is probably Mission Santa Barbara "the Queen of Missions"




Oh, this was funny. I don't know why she was doing this!?
Hmmm...very interesting. Oh, you know how I love all the cemeteries and graveyards.


Another very nice place is the Sterns Wharf with its Moby Dick. (we are reading with my sixth right now, what a coincidence?!)


And as usual, we admired the houses here. Nice american style.

4 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger KAM said...

Looks lovely. Too bad teh sun is not shining, but what does that matter, really? I went sightseeing in teh rain myself only yesterday. =)

Ky

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger KAM said...

What is with ME and "THE"?????

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

Oh yeah, blame it on the weather woman!!!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

santa barbara best weather in the world year round and in the USA for sure...the houses look ugly. Even though I plan on moving there,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home