Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Educational Weekend at Pierce College

It was called "Farmwalk" and it took place at one of the nine Community Colleges in LA area, Pierce College. Animals, animals and more animals, plus activities, displays, games and music. Everything was very well organized and I dare to say that all the kids who were there enjoyed this day. In some point it was really incredible for us to find this "piece of countryside" right in the middle of the city. It is a very beautiful area by the way and the scent from the fresh-cut grass was just adorable. The attractions we could find there, while listening to a live country band, were:Sheep Shearing, Wool Spinning, Cow Milking, Clydesdale horse, Petting Zoo, Horse Activities including roping, etc. The visitors were standing in lines to get on this "hay ride".


The animals were very clean and very well loked after (I sound like an expert on farming, hmm).


Who looks more vital and enjoying it??? Can you see that look the cow is giving you?
This was funny. The pony (I am sure it was not a pony but some kind of a miniature horse) itself not that much as the presenter with the cowboy hat. He had such a huge "hickie" (sp.?) on his neck that I couldn't concentrate on the skillful horsie. Can you imagine???? You let your girlfriend (I can not even think about a boyfriend) make this monkey bite the night before you appear in public in front of I don't know how many people!? What was he thinking????

Another concern I had there was the size of horses here. During my stay here I have seen so many sculptures of horses and they seemed so short. First I thought, it was the lack of space but now I see they were all the accurate copies.


See??? Do you understand what I am talking about?? Does it seem shorter than usually to you??? I am not complaining, I just got used to the fact that everything in US is larger than anywhere else in the world, but this horse....? Will his butt pop out one day, or he is done?

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger KAM said...

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. A great day in Woodland Hills. Good for you. Hmmmmm...are you an expert in farming?? Or sheep shearing? Or hickies???? enquiring minds want to know. =)

KM

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hary! Good morning. Year 4 here, looking at your blog with Ms. Moton. We heard a story about you from Irena B. that you are very slim now. We hope you will bring us the autograph of Kobe Bryant. Please bring us a large box of Oreo cookies every year (we tried them with Ms. Moton and we like them). Nice Ferrari; bring it home with you.

Bye.
Class 4 (as dictated to Ms. M) =)

YMCA!!!!!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

So there are stories about me. Hmmmm, interesting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home