Monday, June 26, 2006

Dry Town - last day with Alicia Vazquez

Alicia Vazquez was my next door teacher at BHS. It was her first year of teaching at BHS too but she is much more experienced in US school system than me so I went to see her quite often, asking different kind of questions and she always helped me. Literally she helped me a lot to survive there and made the year a nice experience. It is always good to feel you have somebody to rely on but apart from the usual school stuff we did not have a chance to get to know each other more. When the school ended she invited my whole family to a new water park in Palmdale and it couldn't have been a better goodbye I dare to say.

The park is called Dry Town and was open only two months ago, so everything is brand new there. We met Alicia, her mother and a twin sister in front of the park. They paid for the tickets and lunch and really everything. I still feel very bad about it because they didn'twant any money from me. So now I OWE them. They really made the day very beautiful.



The water park itself was not that big, but it was not packed with people and therefore it was a very pleasant experience. Palmdale is in a desert so it is a very hot and dry place. The attractions were cool and Adela really enjoyed it.

At the end Alicia's brother came and invited us over to his new house to celebrate his daughter's birthday. It was a very nice day indeed.


Alicia is spending her vacation in Europe this summer and she promised to come to the Czech Republic for three days. I hope she will, so I can be as hospitable as she was here. Thank you Alicia once again for such a great day.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahhh! Alicia Vazquez was my English teacher last year and the year before that. (11th and 12th grade) AT first I thought she would be mean but noo she's soooo awesome!! Very great teacher. So smart and nice and helpful!! She was my favorite teacher and I really looked up to her. I want to be just like her! (i'm a girl by the way haha) She's so pretty too and her confidence and intelligence makes her even more attractive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home