Friday, March 10, 2006

One of the best years I have ever had.

A few weeks ago it was the end of the fall semester and I was so called “ half way done”, now it is only three more months and I can almost call myself “former” Fulbrighter. On one hand I can’t believe it, the time flies so fast, but on the other hand I have experienced so much here that it seems like ages. I need to emphasize that it has been indeed one of the best years I’ve had in my life. If I had had the opportunity to undergo it again, I wouldn’t have hesitated a single second. It is “a school of life” in all its aspects. I have been or at least I feel very lucky starting with the place of match, selection of my exchange partner, the school, the teachers to work with, who have been really very helpful, etc. All these things are making it pleasant experience. The purpose of the entire program is to increase understanding between the USA and the rest of the world. It is happening of course because one has such enormous experience to learn about the country, its culture, customs, people, etc., like probably never before; however there are more things that are going on here. Everybody will deal with them differently as there are no two identical exchanges. The past weeks I received emails from the next year Fulbrighters who just passed the selecting process. They are full of questions and concerns obviously, just the way I was almost a year ago. In the following post I will try to summarize the first days and obstacles I had. Hopefully it is helpful. The first thing to tell you is “Feel proud of what you have achieved, it’s going to be a wonderful year you will always remember”.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger KAM said...

"...Still, it's a real good bet the best is yet to come
The best is yet to come and, babe, won't it be fine
You think you've seen the sun but you ain't seen it shine..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home