Saturday, January 21, 2006

UCLA



When we were at Ann Kerr's house for that lunch, she asked me to come to UCLA and talk to her students. The topic was America through different perspectives. I knew that the date would be January 18 and I was patiently waiting. There was no call till Tuesday, the day before so I almost thought that it had been cancelled. But then I got the call and it was the time for me to start my being nervous.......I am the expert of being nervous. (some people may be shocked)

I arrived at Ann's office at about 3:30 and we both walked to her classroom. The lesson started at 4 and there were about 20 students. I must say that despite the fact I was dying of nervousness, I really liked the class. The students had very interesting questions and seemed to be interested in what I told them about. I should have prepared myself much better for it but now it is too late to regret. It was a great experience for me. (one of many here)

Then we went back to Ann's office where she showed me a poster of her son Steve who is a professional basketball player. Steve Kerr who used to play with Michael Jordan, has five rings and is considered the best three-point shooter in NBA history. I was amazed!!! Ann also told me about her face- to -face encounter with Michael Jordan which I was thrilled about.

Ann is an incredible woman with incredibly interesting life.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger KAM said...

Well! I am SURE you did a great job, despite being nervous (I really must teach you to chill =)). There are so many great people associated with UCLA--as you know. And you know it is my #1 favorite place in the city. I am glad you are making connections there, Professor Harajda. There is even more to see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home