Saturday, March 04, 2006

"D-Day" at BHS

Monday, February 27. Very important they at BHS. I do not know how about the rest of the teachers, but I took it pretty seriously. LAUSD representatives announced their visit to BHS. The purpose of the visit was to check and make sure that there are only qualified teachers eligible for teaching particular subjects. The school turned topsy-turvy and the nervousness of both teachers and administrators was evident. The whole week before I was getting tons of different materials, posters and regulations to be posted on the walls. The more papers I got, the more nervous I got. Trying to assimilate and become one of the regular staff here (if it is ever possible) but still you always feel as a greenhorn. We were told THEY can come to any class of those 6 we all have. I was teaching as on usual days but still... somewhere at the back of my head I waited for the people. They came at the end of the second period and just took a look around my classroom. I thought:"That was it??" But I was wrong. They came again my fourth period and observed me for about 10 minutes, taking some notes. Obviously I turned red (damn) but continued teaching. My class was great, they smiled at me, they knew I guess. At the end of the week I got a report from the LAUSD representatives and it made my day or rather, it made my existing stay at BHS. Here is the proof:


For those who need glasses, it reads " Does a great job with ESL students."

8 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger KAM said...

Congratulations, Mr. H. I hope you weren't surprised by the commendation. If you were, I can assure you that you were the ONLY one!! You didn't get to where you are by accident. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Ky

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

How did I get to where I am Ms.M btw?? :-)

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised in the least.You certainly deserve to know the truth!!!!!!!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger KAM said...

You got to where you are by being good at what you do, and because the people around you recognize it. Simple.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sokol LA class members say great job and we knew you could do no less. We are so happy to have the pleasure of your company amd family once a month at our class and Brunch!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jiři Harajda said...

Thank you so much. I just needed to share the nice feeling I had. Hopefully it was NOT the last one:-)

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a big lie Mr. harajda..

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. harajda where are you?....and.....who told you this big lie?:]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home