Saturday, September 10, 2005

My first week of school.

My classroom inside. Every morning we recite the pledge of allegiance.

It is my little home in the US. Information about the Czech Republic for students.


Yes classroom C87, my place of action. It looks more like a prison, but.....
OK. It is Friday and the first week of school is "under my belt". I survived, it is a good sign. I was very nervous the first day, but when I mentioned at the beginning that this school is very well organized, I mean it. They have retired teachers to help the new ones the first week at school. I was lucky, my "helper" was great. She really helped me to distribute new books, with classroom management, etc.
And my students???
I teach 3 classes. 2 are ESL (English as a Second Language) and 1 is English 9th graders-honor class. The 2 ESL classes are full of kids from Mexico, Pakistan, Cambodia. They are cool. I like them a lot. No blond ones though!:-) It is difficult to teach them now because some of them don't even know how to say "I am" and the others are more advanced. It is a challenge. I know it is my first week but I love it. The 9th graders are all born in the USA, so they will teach me. It is interesting class. Very smart kids. The most difficult thing is their names. Very difficult to remember: Pisal, Guadalupe, Jose Antonio, Eric, Griselda,Menith, Anakaren....etc. The names are giving me hard times. But on the other hand Jiří Harajda is impossible for them. So I am Jui, Izzy, Jiri, Džiri or Mr.H. (eijč) It is funny. I love it.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahoja zlatíčka!!!Tak mám konečně trochu času poslat vám pac a pusu z Čech,ale nejak nemám vaše netové adresky....tak písněte, ať vám můžu sepsat nějaký román :-)
Vaše Šároslava (sarinka.j@seznam.cz)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home