Thursday, December 22, 2005

Incredible journey to Mexico.


On Friday morning we set on our journey to Mexico. It was one of my several dreams and Kylowna made it come true. We left Los Angeles at about noon, because we looked for a certain restaurant where Kylowna could satisfy her precious stomach for breakfast. It is quite late for Mexico, but who cares, right?? We got to the borders at about 3 pm. The only things I had with me was my wallet and my driving licence. We left the car on US side and walked to Mexico. I had never dreamed about "walking" to Mexico in my life but here it is very common. Tijuana, or Tj as americans call it, is right behind the borders. We sat down in one of the millions of restaurants after we had walked round the city for a while. Kylowna ordered Margaritas and we sat there and watched the people who went by. Then suddenly.......... an idea rised in my partner's head: Why dont we go to Rosarito???? It is on the beach and it is nicer than Tj. "OK, let's go there", I said. After we tipped the waiter generously he told us how to get there for a dollar and ten cents. Compared to regular price which was about 25 dollars, it was unusual and surprising, but..... why not? When we got to the taxi pickup I understood. There were about 8 or 9 people in one taxi. Taxis are old american station wagons here. We sat at the place where usually suitcases are but nobody seems to care here. The most important thing is to earn money in Mexico. The quality is on the second place. So, anyway, after about half an hour of terrible ride we got to Rosarito. It was much more beautiful than Tijuana. We went to the beach and at there on wooden chairs. When you order drinks here, they bring you wood and you can have a fire right on the beach. We did it and it was beautiful. It was my first time sitting on the beach at night with a fire. Very romantic. We enjoyed it so much that we almost forgot about coming back. Than another awesome idea: Why don't we stay here in Mexico overnight?? We would have gone only to San Diego anyway. There was no way how to make it back to LA. I mentioned at the beginning that I had only a wallet and ID with me, so we went to the pharmacy store to buy deodorants, toothbrushes, sun cream that looked like a shower gel I swear. That was all we needed. After finding a hotel (which took about 5 minutes) we went for dinner. I had the best tacos in my life. Delicious. The next day we did some shopping, took a picture with a mule and went back to US. So I was also walking back to the USA of course. There were so many Mexican people waiting in the line, that we almost passed out just thinking about waiting in the same line. But we made it. I was happy back in US and happy that I saw Mexico. Beautiful time there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home