Monday, November 14, 2005

Sequoia National Park



We had a longer weekend after a while of teaching. I was determined to show my family Sequoia National Park as I found it absolutely awesome when I was there three years ago. We set off for the park on Friday morning. The journey took about 4 hours. We stopped at Bakersfield for my favourite McDonald's and then it was only a few more miles. Buckeye Tree Lodge was a motel that caught our eyes immediately. We got the keys, change clothes and rushed into the park. I really wanted to show General Sherman Tree - the largest tree of the world. Unfortunately it was foggy and very cold so we didn't enjoy it that much.



But the next day it was like a paradise compensating the day before. We went to see Sentinel tree again, then Grant Grove where the Nation's Christmas Tree is, the auto log, the tunnel log, etc. You name it, we saw it. The trees are about 2000 years old. Some of them even older, so that's why they are cold "the largest and longest living things on Earth"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home