Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fulbright Orientation in San Diego

Finally!!! I could not wait to get there. We set out on Saturday morning, the journey from LA took approximately 2,5 hours with a quick stop in Carlsbad. The traffic was pretty good so we enjoyed it very much. We gave Nikte Sanchez a ride and were all glad she was there with us. Adela fell in love with her immediately. She called her "a little girl" and spoke czech. It was fun.
We were offered an accommodation with Kathy and Rob for Saturday night. It was a beautiful house in Mexican style. At 6 there was a potluck dinner with about 50 former or current Fulbrighters. Wonderful event, interesting people (all the people I meet here are so interesting) very interesting conversations and also very informative.


The only problem was that I completely forgot I was allergic to cats and pillows filled up with feathers. I started sneezing and when I was almost unable to breathe I got up from my bed and in the middle of the night I went to sleep into my car. A beautiful night as you can imagine.

Adelka immediately became a friend with the cats.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that cat was so cute but the only thing is that i can not see al your dauther:}...........

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ups..i made something bad oh..well' ...At your dauther..
Are you happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home